This is an instructor-led course that introduces students to the foundational skills required to install, configure, and administer IBM Identity Manager, also known as IBM Security Identity Manager. IBM Identity Manager can be deployed using the following formats software stack and virtual appliance. This course applies to both formats.
The course also includes many hands-on exercises to supplement the lecture.
This course is designed for system administrators and implementers who deploy and manage IBM Identity Manager in an organization.
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
- Familiarity with LDAP and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Familiarity with Linux
- Describe the value proposition of the IBM Identity Manager
- Discuss the architecture and deployment process
- Manage organizational structure, users, and roles
- Describe how to upload users to Identity Manager using identity feed process
- Configure services and policies for Identity Manager endpoints
- Configure and automate resource provisioning
- Customize workflows and lifecycle operations
- Implement reporting using default and custom reports
- Manage access to the Identity Manager consolesdo
Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Identity Manager
Unit 2: Architecture and deployment
Unit 3: Managing organization, users, and roles
Unit 4: Loading user data
Unit 5: Configuring managed resources in IBM Identity Manager
Unit 6: Provisioning resources
Unit 7: Managing workflows and lifecycle operations
Unit 8: Using the reporting feature
Unit 9: Managing access to IBM Identity Manager consoles